Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 19:03:16 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New acms sig 11's. (fwd)

J Wunsch wrote:
> Have you seen this?

Yup :-(

> ----- Forwarded message from Jordan K. Hubbard -----
>
> After making a fresh copy of acm, checking that the NAS audio server
> was up and running and my AUDIOSERVER variable set properly (tested
> quickly with auplay - all fine), I ran it:
>

> jkh@time-> acm
> Automatically starting server ...
> ACM version 4.7,  Copyright (C) 1991-1994   Riley Rainey (rainey@netcom.com)
>
> ACM comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it under the
> conditions described in the COPYING file.
>
> This server supports netaudio.
>
> Ready.
> time.cdrom.com:0.0
> [window appears very briefly, goes away again]
> jkh@time->
>
> On the console:
>
> jkh@time-> Aug 14 02:28:06 time /kernel: pid 12541 (acms), uid 2035: exited o
n signal 11 (core dumped)

I have been doing this non-stop for a long time, and the only core dump I
have seen was when the plane crashed. Does it work any better without sound?

NAS is a bit ropey.

Want me to back this out?

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key