Date:      Fri, 1 May 1998 22:24:41 -0400
From:      Chris Peltier <CPELTIER@iectech.com>
To:        "'William Wong'" <wwong@wiley.csusb.edu>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: named catching sig 11's

I suspect that it is the CNAME recursion bug that is being
exploited. Our primary name server's processor usage logged
heavy CPU activity and gobbled up all available memory over
a several hour period. Our secondary with much less memory
died within 30 minutes of the attack. I here this exploit is going
around.

Sincerely,
                        Chris Peltier

*	email: CPeltier@NetCarrier.com