Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:35:27 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Johann Visagie <johann@egenetics.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GNU GRUB folks need BSD hackers

Johann Visagie wrote:
> Just noticed this, FWIW:
>
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/#bsd
>
>  "We really need help by BSD hackers. Currently, almost nobody works for
>   BSD-based operating systems, such as FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD.  So
>   we have critical problems in booting later versions of NetBSD and
>   OpenBSD. FreeBSD is not a big problem, because GRUB can boot it via
>   /boot/loader for now."

Perhaps

	http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/#download

	"For now, GNU GRUB is not released publicly yet, but
	 you can still get the test releases from
	 alpha.gnu.org:/gnu/grub/, and the latest version
	 from the CVS. See our project page on Savannah, for
	 more information."

Has something to do with the lack of volunteers.  Also, their
terminology is non-standard; for example, what the heck is
"multiboot compliant", which they complain about in the FAQ?
I boot my FreeBSD system from BootMagic pretty much every day,
no problem at all; it sounds like a GRUB problem, not a Linux/
FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/everyone-but-us-133t-d00d5 problem.

-- Terry