Date:      Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:49:36 +0800
From:      richard <richard@sneaker.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ld-elf.so.a invalid format error

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Memphisto wrote:

> >/usr/local/bin/mp3info: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
> >(FreeBSD), dynamically linked, stripped
> >bash-2.02$ mp3info
> >ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
>

>On 3.0.  2.2.x does not support FreeBSD ELF binaries.

I got the simular problem when using fvwm2, icewm etc. the msg read
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.a Invalid format.
I installed both 3.0 and xfree86332 and all apps from 3.0 distribution
that supposed to work on 3.0
What do I do now if  they  turn out to be 2.2.x ( damn it )   I have
post this to news groups, couple of mailing
list including this one but having no answer)

Best regards,

richard@sneaker.net.au