Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:45:03 -0800
From:      Keith Walker <kew@icehouse.net>
To:        "Walter C. Pelissero" <walter@pelissero.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with USB printer

You wrote:

> I'm trying to print to my Epson 860 via USB interface but both with my
> FreeBSD 3.4 and 4.0 boxes I just get the printer heads to move (like
> reseting) and that's it.  Nothing printed.

> I'm using /dev/ulpt0 as reported by the bootstrap log.

> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

> Thanks.

Hey, did you ever get your problem resolved with your USB printer? I just
bought an Epson 900 with a USB port. Sending any data to the printer will
result in the heads "charging" or whatever you call that when they wiggle
around, but no printing.

I turned on the tracing in the ulpt.c code, and the driver *thinks* it's
sending data to the printer, but nothing happens.

Hmmm...

BTW, this is 4.2-STABLE.

--
Keith Walker