Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 02:24:19 +0100
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Lucent Wavelan and 4.2 works like a charm.

I've been to the Chaos Communication Congress[1] 2 weeks ago, where I
finally had a chance to get my hands on a Wavelan Card.
I was very happy to note that everything worked like a charm out of the
box. Popped the old ethernet card out, put the Wlan card in, a second
later, there was a wi0. A quick 'wicontrol -p 1' later everything
worked. Great :)
One quick question, though. Where's the official place to stick that
wicontrol statement? I've hacked /etc/pccard_ether to source a '.ether'
file in my home, so I could handle it there, but there sure must be a
better way...

CU,
    Sec

[1] http://www.ccc.de/congress/
--
"Oderint dum metuant. Let them hate so long as they fear."
   -- Lucius Accius (170-90 BC). One of history's earliest BOFHs.