Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:28:18 -0400
From:      Gabriel O'Brien <obrieng@nm.cbc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why sendmail?

Gerard Seibert wrote:

> I agree for the most part. There is an option to install another MTA
> when installing FBSD. However, it might be nice if there were
> instructions on how to accomplish the following.

<snipped a bunch of good ideas>

I agree with you, logically I would say that perhaps this should go in
the Postfix/exim/(insert favorite MTA here) ports.  Postfix already asks
you if you want to update your /etc/mail/mailer.conf and it wouldn't be
much more effort to add the make.conf change, etc. as well.

Might be a good patch to create/suggest to the maintainers.

Even a verbose message to the console on 'make install' would be a good
start.

cheers,
Gabriel

--