Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 06:08:00 -0700
From:      Sam Zamarripa <samz@oz.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple IP's/IPFW/NAT

Hi...I have a question..if you can tell me if this is even possible or not.
If it is, point me in the direction of where to look.

I am running FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE. I have a Home Lan off a ADSL modem. I have
been doing IPFW & NAT-masquerading until recently. I got 2 REAL IP's from
my ISP for my unix box and Winbox. My Unix box is using internal lan IP of
10.0.0.1 and Winbox is 10.0.0.2

What I have done is simply made an ifconfig alias on the main ethernet
device for the 2nd IP and then used NAT and did a "redirect_addresss
10.0.0.2 my.real.IP" which has worked out great for everything..except the
internal LAN.

Both my boxes only see each other as the 10.x.x.x addresses. Which isn't a
problem except when it comes to certain things like server programs/games.
Especially ones that rely on relaying my IP to a client on the other end.
When I connect to a server on the unix box, instead of it relaying
my.real.IP to clients..it's relating 10.0.0.2 since that is what the unix
box sees

Is there any way to make FreeBSD and Win98 see each other with the REAL
IP's and still be able to use IPFW for a firewall for both machines and
routing. Thanks.

Sam