Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PPPD

OK, I am useinf pppd to connect on boot, I call it from rc.local. That is no
problem, what I would like to do is if the connection drops, have it
automatically redial....any ideas?

Here is my /etc/ppp/options file
/etc/ppp/options

/dev/cuaa1 115200

crtscts         # enable hardware flow control
modem           # modem control line
connect "/usr/bin/chat -f /etc/ppp/login.chat.script"
noipdefault     # remote PPP server must supply your IP address.
                # if the remote host doesn't send your IP during
                # IPCP negotiation, remove this option
passive         # wait for LCP packets
domain cybcon.com    # put your domain name here

:205.147.64.49  # put the IP of remote PPP host here
                # it will be used to route packets via PPP link
                # if you didn't specified the noipdefault option
                # change this line to <local_ip>:<remote_ip>

defaultroute    # put this if you want that PPP server will be
                # your default router

and here is my /etc/ppp/login.chat.script

ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' "" AT OK ATDTXXXXXXX  CONNECT "" TIMEOUT 10
ogin:-\\r-ogin mylogin  TIMEOUT 5 sword: mypassword

Any ideas appreciated.

William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Date: 13-Aug-98 / Time: 17:52:16
--> FreeBSD 3.0 CURRENT <--