Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:39:56 +0200
From:      Paul Schenkeveld <fb-net@psconsult.nl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bridging wlan to gif?

Hi,

I'm trying to bridge a wlan interface to a gif tunnel on 8.0-BETA2.
Running tcpdump on wlan0 I see DHCP packets coming in as IP packets,
on gif0 however tcpdump shows ethernet headers prepended.  Needless
to say things do not work as expected.

What I try to accomplish is the following:

  +------+      +--------------+     +-------+
  |      | .... |ath0      bge0|-----|Router |     Gateway
  |      |      |wlan0     gif0|     +-------+    +----------+
  |      |      | \       /    |         |        |  gif0    |
  |      |      |  bridge0     |      Internet    |    \     |
  |      |      |              |         |        |  bridge0 |
  +------+      +--------------+     +-------+    |       \  |
    Wifi          Access point       |Router |----|fxp0  fxp1|---- LAN X
   client          8.0-BETA2         +-------+    +----------+

 - The Wifi client must be part of LAN X and receive a DHCP address from
   a DHCP server (not shown) on LAN X
 - On the access point wlan0 and gif0 are bridged together
 - On the gateway fxp1 and gif0 are bridged together
 - Gif0 on the access point and gif0 on the gateway communicate correctly
   when given IP addresses

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld