Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:14:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ian Justman <ianj@chocobo.org>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MPU-401 driver

Hello.

I recently have been working on 2.2.6, and I noticed that in the docfile
for the stock (rather than the "new") sound card driver, you mention that
the MPU-401 code remains untested as you (and those you know) do not have
MPU-401-compatible hardware.

I have tried using it with a standalone wavetable card which looks like an
MPU-401 MIDI card along with a FreeBSD-patched version of Playmidi.  It
pagefaults my kernel.

You further mention that you would like to hear from users who have
MPU-401-compatible hardware.  This is your golden opportunity!  :)

Please send me information you require so I can assist in getting this
driver to work.

Incidentally, I have gotten the same card to work under Linux just fine.

I hope I can be of help.

--Ian.

-----
Ian R. Justman 	         Postmaster, System Administrator, ChocoboNet
ianj@chocobo.org (home)  ianj@calweb.com (work)  NIC handle:  IJ12

Try EsperNet IRC!  Small and personal!
irc.esper.net port 5555 takes you to a random server
Admin of chocobo.esper.net, ports 5555, 6666-6669, 7000, Nick:  "IJ"
EsperNet Postmaster