Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 23:53:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATA CD-Rs howto?

Hey,

I've got a machine with an IDE CD-recorder in it.  The CD-R probes:

acd0: CDROM <MATSHITA CR-586> at ata0-slave using PIO4

I've got a couple of questions:

1.  This probe message doesn't exactly scream "I'm recordable!" at me.
    Am I going to have a problem with this?

2.  How does one record to an IDE unit?  The burncd stuff in /usr/share
    is out of date, and only subscribes to SCSI anyway.  cdrecord, out of
    the ports tree, seems to only speak CAM...I think.

What's a guy to do?

Wondering,

Brian
--
Brian Handy                             Mail:  handy@physics.montana.edu
Department of Physics                   Phone: (406) 994-6317