Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 09:13:33 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        fgray@rice.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   vx driver...

I was just curious if anyone has been doing any recent development work
on the vx driver (3Com 3C59x cards). I have one, have had no problems with it
using the 3Com drivers, but it bombs whenever I do any sizeable writes
under FreeBSD (through the current snap). Pings, and 1k messages usually
survive, however, NFS, FTP, or any other _SENDS_ (receives seem to be ok)
cause the machine to freeze. The only way out is to punch the reset button,
or power cycle.

In any event, the reason I'm asking is taht if anyone has, I'd like to test
the new code. If not, I'll be trying to set some time aside to find out
why its freezing.

	-Brian