Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2000 17:36:48 -0500
From:      Alan Edmonds <aedmonds@digitalconvergence.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@uol.com.br>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release: how I do make it into a bootable cd?

This was brought up last week; I'm not sure if it was this list.

See /usr/share/examples/worm for a couple of scripts used
to create the FreeBSD release CDs.  Very informative.

Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
>
> >       1) (cont.) I could use burncd but I am bugged by the fact
> > that I can't use cdrecord. :)
>
> Why?  I think it was designed for SCSI devices, and you don't have one, so
> just use burncd.
>
> >       2) How do I make it a full-fledged FreeBSD bootable
> > distribution CDRom? I mean, where do I get the el-torrito boot
> > image? How do I make it use it and then run sysinstall seamlessly?
>
> Use floppies/boot.flp as the boot image, see "man mkisofs" for how to
> set the boot image.
>
> --
> Ben Smithurst                 / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D
> FreeBSD Documentation Project /

Alan Edmonds      Director of International Technology
DigitalConvergence.:Com
aedmonds@digitalconvergence.com
Phone: +1-214-292-6040