Date:      Tue, 12 May 2015 07:45:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        Motty Cruz <motty.cruz@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help! carp slave take over as master at boot!

On Mon, 11 May 2015 14:11-0700, Motty Cruz wrote:

> Hello, I have two machines running FreeBSD 10.1 Release. Machine A is the
> master in Carp with advskew 20 and Machine B slave with advskew 200 both are
> set to advbase 10. however, slave machine becomes Master on boot;
>
> my questions is, how do I configure both machines so if reboot any of the
> machines whatever machine is Master stays master if secondary machine reboot.

You should augment your posting with facts. You may withhold any
sensitive information such as IP addresses, but a copy of the relevant
lines from /etc/rc.conf and /etc/sysctl.conf would be helpful.

Have you tried setting:

net.inet.carp.preempt=1

in /etc/sysctl.conf?

Try the command:

sysctl net.inet.carp.preempt=1

to see any immediate effect.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |