Date:      Sat, 3 May 2003 10:38:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Cc:        raymond@chikage.wsyntax.com
Subject:   Re: IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Problem with dc(4)

In article <3EB3404E.5030103@chikage.wsyntax.com>,
Raymond Jimenez  <raymond@chikage.wsyntax.com> wrote:
> 	On my network, several machines are having trouble recognizing an icmp6
> neighbor solicitation. This only happens to me when I use the dc driver,
> in combination with the ADMTek AN985 10/100BaseTX chipset. The machines
> are running a combination of 4.7 and -CURRENT. The network topology
> consists of 3 switches, 2 of Linksys make, and 1 of Gigafast make. The
> computers will not recognize each other even when on the same switch.
> Tcpdump on the sender of the packet shows that the other interface
> (should be) reciving the packets, but is sending out no reply. When two
> computers are using any other driver than dc(4), they can ping each
> other. However, when tcpdump is done on the system with dc, the other
> can ping it and send data packets back and forth. It continues working
> after tcpdump is stopped. I've searched, and found nothing.
> 	Is there something I should check?

This sounds a lot like a multicast-related bug that may have been
fixed just two days ago in -current.  Here is the log message from
"src/sys/pci/if_dc.c":

  revision 1.106
  date: 2003/05/01 09:31:01;  author: mbr;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -1
  Use only a 64bit hash filter table for ADM-Centaur cards like the
  Accton EN2242 and the ADMtek AN985 cards.

  PR:             32699
  Submitted by:   Jean-Luc Richier <Jean-Luc.Richier@imag.fr>
  Reviewed by:    phk
  MFC after:      2 weeks

John
--
  John Polstra
  "Two buttocks cannot avoid friction."                     -- Malawi saying