Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:53:16 -0800
From:      Sean Cull <Sean@pop.psregent.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   procfs full??

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not, or who's going
to end up reading it, but here goes...

I installed FreeBSD the other day, and accepted the Auto-defaults for
partitions (/usr, /var, etc.) and the installation went fine. I then
proceeded to install a few ports, and those ran fine. But last night I was
downloading something and then I was getting an error saying /proc was full.
As much as I've looked, I can't find out exactly what procfs is... I'm
wondering how I can be out of space when I have 10 gigs free on my drive. Is
it a question of resizing my partition scheme? Or are they called slices in
BSD?
I'm not sure what other information you guys need to answer my question.
Even pointing me to documentation on procfs would help. Does it NEED to be
mounted? If so, why? If not, why not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. =)

-Sean Cull