Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 08:04:27 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        erich@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org, peter@spinner.DIALix.COM
Subject:   Re: scotty build failure

Satoshi Asami writes:
>Here's another one that just broke.  The file in question in
>/usr/local/lib is named "tnm2.1.3.so.1.0".  (But don't we need a "lib"
>in front of library names?)

If the linker operates on it, yes.  As far as I recall, only tcl's
`load' operates on this one.  The author's idea was to install this
stuff and use it by setting the env var TCLLIBPATH to point
to the tnm2.1.3/ and tkined1.4.3/ directories.  My `solution' was
to make a shell wrapper to set this crap.

I'll fix the build.  The library name crap was/is the brainchild of
the author and it appears that no one is supposed to link against it,
just use it as tcl library.  Is this something that I should look into
and try to fix; or just let it be as `flawed by design', but working
as the author intended?

>Satoshi
>-------
> :