Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 09:36:11 -0400
From:      Andrew Barros <abarros@tjhsst.edu>
To:        Bigby Findrake <bigby@ephemeron.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd rootkit

--t0UkRYy7tHLRMCai

Someone should add it in ports.

It would be rooting and then cleaning up really easy. :-)

	-ajb

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 03:34:29PM -0700, Bigby Findrake wrote:
->On Tue, 29 May 2001, Chris Byrnes wrote:
->
->> That's not a wise request on a list like this.  Backup, format and
->> reinstall.
->
->Why not?  Surely you're not suggesting that a rootkit is a bad thing, or
->that no one here would help him find one - wouldn't that be rather silly
->of us?  If we knew where one was, wouldn't it make the most sense to make
->sure that anyone could get there hands on it?  Isn't that (among other
->ways) how open software advances?  I can't count the number of times I've
->seen security people make the argument that everyone should own lockpicks.
->
->If I misunderstood, you, Chris, what did you mean?
->
->>=20
->>=20
->>         Chris Byrnes (chris@JEAH.net)
->>     JEAH Communications, LLC (www.JEAH.net)
->>        Call toll-free!  1-866-AWW-JEAH
->>=20
->>=20