Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:17:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan H." <danh@nofx.eagle.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NAT & Adding a NIC

Hi ya's,

I have searched around, but I haven`t found pretty consise instructions
on how to setup just basic NAT on FreeBSD 4.2.

1.) If I don`t want to get into customizing a full firewall, and really
just need the bare-minimum NAT features, which program would you recommend
that I run - natd, ipfw, etc.

2.) I have one NIC in the machine right now, how would I go about adding
another one? Any kernel changes needed?

3.) Do I need to setup PPP if my network connection is already running
fine off a DSL connection? (In some instructions I came across, they
mentioned setting up PPP.

4.) If I don`t have my own domain name for the machine that is going to be
running NAT, how would I setup my hosts files?

Thanks!

--Dan