Date:      Thu, 07 Dec 2000 13:14:27 +0100
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
To:        tanbin <tanbin@empworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysterious power reset

I experienced the very same thing two weeks ago with (then) FreeBSD 4.1 BETA.
It could not have been a powerfailure, the monitor hanging on the same outlet
still had power.

I suspect it is a hardware problem, maybe a bad power supply. Healthd showed,
that my power supply indeed delivers very unstable values.

If this does not happen again, I am happy. If it does, the first thing I'll
do is buy a better power supply.

Of course that doesn't help you much, but I wanted you to know that you are
not the only one with this problem.

cheers, Tobe