Date:      15 Oct 1999 15:57:06 +0200
From:      sperber@Informatik.Uni-Tuebingen.De (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing xemacs21 & mew??

>>>>> "Mike" =3D=3D Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net> writes:

Mike> I've got the xemacs 20.4 port installed and I'm happy with it - but=

Mike> I'd like to get mule, mew and some of the things that are in xemacs=
21
Mike> working. There seem to be lots of options for that - and the variou=
Mike> mixes I've tried don't work properly.

What you want to do is pull the official mule binary kit for FreeBSD
from ftp.xemacs.org (in pub/xemacs/binary/kits/freebsd), follow the
instructions in README.packages or on http://www.xemacs.org/ for
installing the xemacs-base and efs packages, and then you can use the
package system to automatically download and install mew.

Mike> Can someone recommend a set of xemacs ports/packages to install to =
get
Mike> xemacs21 running with MULE support sufficient to run mew? It would =
be
Mike> nice if it would automatically search /usr/local/lib/xemacs/site-li=
sp
Mike> as well. Or did xemacs21 change that?

Yes, dramatically.  The package system really does this much better
than the old setup; it will take care of automatic downloading and
installation.

-- =

Cheers =3D8-} Chipsy
Friede, V=F6lkerverst=E4ndigung und =FCberhaupt blabla