Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:50:24 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: G400 Multihead in X?

Trust me to follow up to my own posting....

> Roger Hardiman wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of any X servers (free or not, prefer free) that allow
> > both VGA outputs on a Matrox G400 to operate?
>
> I can tell you that XFree86 will not work.
> It probably will never work either.

Since I wrote this, there has been some discussion on the
XFree86 developers mailing list, started by Amancio.
It looks like we may well have a partial solution
for Dual-Head G400's very shortly in the next
XFree86 4.0 beta.

There may be limitations, like both monitors having the
same resolution, and beling limited to 1024x768 maximum,
but that may be all you need.

So, right now, you'll just have to wait. But progress is being made.

Cheers
Roger