Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:25:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Peter Cornelius <pc@inr.fzk.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ? OpenGL ?

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Peter Cornelius wrote:

>- I understand that OpenGL describes a standard to access video hardware
>  (i. e. graphics adapters) that provide certain (which?) hardware
>  facilities to accelerate graphics generation and output, is that true ?
>- If so, what does Xfree about it ?
>- Is it a client or a server issue (when using two machines)?
>- Is there anyone who has experience with it to comment on performance ?
>
>Any short comments (or pointers) appreciated.

Search for Mesa3D in our ports collection and on the net.

OpenGL describes a graphics API. Some hardware follows that API. You'll
have to talk to card vendors to find out which cards support it. The
OpenGL card and driver must be installed on the X server.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/