Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:53:49 +0100 (BST)
From:      J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting delay

If i press any key during the Booteasy prompt, i can get the options for
booting, correct?  SUch as which kernel, etc.  What is the pause for later
on?  The countdown that can be changed in the boot conf file (or wherever
it is, i saw it but i forget)?  Is that just to allow time to call up a
command prompt?  Since my rc.conf will be slower (since i will be adding a
sleep 1 to pause for pccardd) i would like to trim unnecessary time from
booting up.  But i also don't want to lose functionality in the event of a
system problem.  I'm running 3.2 on a laptop, BTW.

-jm