Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 08:03:32 -0400
From:      Tim Walker <tim@cyberghost.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Weird IPFW / NATD problem...

I am running FreeBSD as my network's gateway to the Internet and am
trying to pass Web traffic through to a server on my internal network
(FreeBSD machine has a routable IP address and the internal web server
has a non-routable address).

It is working fine from the outside world, but from machines on my
internal network they always end up on the FreeBSD webserver.

In the natd.conf file I have:

use_sockets yes
same_ports yes
interface ed1
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.2:80   80
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.2:21   21
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.2:20   20

and in the rc.firewalls file I have:

ipfw add 10 divert natd tcp from 192.168.1.2 80 to any
ipfw add 11 divert natd tcp from any to 192.168.1.2 80
ipfw add 12 divert natd tcp from any to 192.168.1.100 80

(192.168.1.2 is the webserver, and 192.168.1.100 is the inside interface of
the FreeBSD machine).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tim Walker