Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:24:32 +0100
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs locking broken

--On fredag, februari 24, 2006 11.07.00 -0500 Kris Kennaway
<kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 03:58:09PM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> It seems that NFS locking is broken for the combo of 4.11 or 5.4 server
>> and  6.x client. Apps like eclipse and firefox fail to start with my
>> home dir on  a 4.11 server and a 6.x client.
>>
>> Problem shows in that firefox hangs, as does eclipse.
>>
>> I've tried the following combinations:
>>
>> client   server
>> 4.11     4.11      OK
>> 5.4      4.11      OK
>> 6.0      4.11      Hangs
>> 6.1pre   4.11      Hangs
>>
>> 4.11     5.4       OK
>> 5.4      5.4       OK
>> 6.0      5.4       Hangs
>> 6.1pre   5.4       Hangs
>>
>> 6.0      6.0       OK
>> 6.1pre   6.0       OK
>>

>> Any ideas about this, or whom to contact?
>
> kuriyama; there are PRs suggesting that a change he made about a year
> ago caused problems.
>
> Kris

I tried a patch from kuriyama, but it was for another problem; leaking of
reserved ports on the server (se earlier mail). Anyway, the patch did not
help for the problem described above. (It might help for the leak, takes a
while to confirm.)

/Palle