Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:50:31 -0500
From:      Joseph Koenig <joe@jwebmedia.com>
To:        Richard Smith <rdls@satamatics.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing on RAID?

I'm using FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE as per directions on:
http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/index.html

My system is a Dell PowerEdge 2500 with that sam Dell PERC 3/Di
controller. I tried not installing the boot manager and using a regular
MBR, which just made things worse. The root partition IS on the first
container, and I've tried it on the second container, I've tried only
using 1 of the 2 containers. Seriously, I've tried everything. I think
that what I'm gonna do is call Dell, have them go through the RAID setup
with me and remove the 2 containers they have on it and set up 1 large
container. It seems that everyone who has responded to me about this
situation has had 1 container on their system. So, Today will be "On
hold with tech support day" unless anyone has any miracles up their
sleves. Since this is my first install of FreeBSD, I'm just glad to hear
this isn't normal. Thanks,

Joe