Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:38:12 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>, "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New European Warranty

At 02:26 AM 1/19/2002, Nils Holland wrote:

>A few years back, I saw a "computer vacuum
>pack", containing a hose and some small nozzles that can be connected to an
>ordinary vacuum cleaner. I've made some good experiences with this, as it
>really sucks the dust out of the computer instead of spreading it around.
>Additionally, the smallest nozzle in this set is well suited to suck all
>the cookie-remains from between the keys on my keyboard ;-)

Be careful with this. The rush of air can generate static charges that fry
sensitive components such as DRAM.

If you use a vacuum, try to get one with a METAL nozzle that you can
ground to the computer's case. Plug the system itself into a power strip
that is turned off but still attached to a well-grounded outlet. This will
keep the case grounded and minimize the risk of zappage.

--Brett