Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:11:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@core.com>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        <rshea@opendoor.co.nz>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Port for "CVS on web" ?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Philip Hallstrom wrote:

> Take a look at TortoiseCVS and the cvsweb port.
>
> http://www.cvsgui.org/TortoiseCVS/index.shtml
>
> It integrates CVS into Explorer (via a right click).  I normally use unix,
> but when I have to use Windows for cvs stuff it's pretty nice...
That sounds like what the poster was looking for, and something i've been
looking into for awhile for my own development projects, just I couldn't
find any hard URL's for it.

> These links might also be of interest:
>
> http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/
> http://mirror.openspace.ch/maccvs/
> http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/index.html
Also very interesting.

> -philip
>
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 rshea@opendoor.co.nz wrote:
>
> > Hi - I want to use the CVS to control/track access to a group of files worked
> > on by a number of developers. The developers are on Windows boxes so I need
> > some way for them to checkout, checkin etc.
> >
> > I would like the developers to use a web based interface to access CVS so that
> > the developers would be able to upload/download files through their browsers.
> >
> > So here's the question - does anyone know of such a frontend. I have looked in
> > the ports but there doesn't seem to be anything like that.
> >
> > BTW in case it's not immediately apparent I'm a beginner with CVS.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > richard shea.

> > Open Door Ltd
> > PO Box 119-46
> > Wellington, NZ
> >
> > PH +64 4 384 7639
> > FX +64 4 384 7672

Jonathan M. Slivko                         jslivko@core.com
Owner, Voyager Internet Services           www.voyageri.net
    IRC Server Co-Administrator, AsylumNet IRC Networks
  FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! (http://www.freebsd.org)