Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:00:57 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Pradesh Chanderpaul <pradeshc@mailandnews.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How can I change speed of modem on PPP

In the last episode (Jul 23), Pradesh Chanderpaul said:
>My USR Modem manual says if I submit the command string "AT&N0" to my
>modem, I allow the modem to operate at max speed.
>
>Win95 shows a noticeable difference, which the Dial-up showing at
>speed of 33600 (was previously 28800).
>
>I'm convinced that PPP on FreeBSD 3.1 is using a speed of 28.8.
>
>How can I submit the command in my PPP  session to achieve this
>perceived change in speed.
>
>Thanking you in advance
>Pradesh Chanderpaul

A good thing to do is to go into the Windows control panel, open up the
modems applet, select your modem, hit "Properties", "Connection",
"Advanced", and check the "Log to file" box.  Then dial up to your ISP
and disconnect.  A log will be created in your windows directory
showing exactly what was sent to the modem.  Just copy that to your
init string on FreeBSD.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com