Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:39:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Brodbeck <dmbrodbe@mtu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Toshiba Satellite Pro 405CS internal CD-ROM

Hiya.  I'm running FreeBSD on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 405CS laptop.  I
recently got an internal CD-ROM drive, and I'm having trouble getting
FreeBSD to recognize it.  Windows 95 sees it as an ATAPI IDE drive, the
master drive on the secondary IDE controller.  It sees the settings as:

- I/O: 0x170-177, 0x376-377
- IRQ: 15

I compiled the FreeBSD kernel for two IDE controllers.  wdc1 is set as the
secondary controller; I used the default kernel settings of 0x170, IRQ 15.
FreeBSD does not recognize the secondary controller on boot; in fact, it
usually panics.  Any ideas?  Anyone gotten this working?