Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:22:52 -0600
From:      Mike Murphree <n4cnw@knology.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Differences in jdk1.2.2-beta?

Possibly a newbie question, but in the past, I was able to run the
Jstreet mailer ( see http://www.innoval.com ) with the jdk1.2.2-beta
port.  After seeing some commits to these ports, I updated all of the
JDKs that I had installed on my system.  I execute the following
command to start the mailer:

$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -cp ~/jstreet/innoval.jar innoval.mailer.jstreet &

And now get the following output:

%Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
sunw/hotjava/bean/BrowserHistoryListener
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:101)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:248)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java:216)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:282)

What it's looking for seems to be there, but it refuses to find it:

%ls jstreet
HotJavaBean.jar Sample.java     doc             jstreet.zip     readme
Mailer          Sndspell.jdx    image           license.txt
Sample.class    dict.txt        innoval.jar     mostfreq.txt

I've tried adding the HotJavaBean.jar file to the classpath but it doesn't
seem to help...

Any ideas?

Mike