Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:28:50 +1100
From:      Andrew Sinclair <syncman@ihug.com.au>
To:        "Travis Leuthauser" <travis@bbipmail.com>, "Keith Woodman" <keith@cydonia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Grrrr Multiple SCSI cards

> Have you checked the Adaptec site for some information?  If I remember
> correctly, the last time I attempted to use multiple 2940's in the same
> box, there was something that had to be done to the cards themselves to
> make them live happily together.
>
> Travis

Try disabling the BIOS on two of your Host Bus Adaptors (or all of them
if you happen to boot off an IDE device). This may be confusing your
system. You can set this in the Adaptec configuration utility at boot
time.

If your system still doesn't work, Now would also be a good time to make
sure your busses are set up correctly (cabling, LVD terminators, ID's
etc). I figure crosstalk may be an issue with 3 busses running parallel
to each other (though I can't say for sure as I haven't used more than 1
Host Bus Adaptor in any of my systems).

You could also try Gary Field's SCSI Info Central
http://www.scsifaq.org/scsifaq.html
--

        - Syncman