Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:08:51 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Convert with some problems.

Hey All,

Just made the jump from Debian Linux to FreeBSD. And I have a few problems
and questions.

1) Sometime the system loses it links or path to libs. For example: I
installed binder. It normally run smoothly. Then for no reason (to me at
least) I ran it and got error loading share lib libname can not open or
such. This isn't the only app that does it. All the app that do it are X
apps. It seems that after using ppp it happens more.

2) Is there a difference between using /stand/sysinstall and
/usr/ports/whatever, make install to install packages. Is one way better
than the other. There seems to be some difference to me but I not to sure.

3) Where do I find the src sys package. I tried to use doconfig to make a
kernal and it told me to get this package, but I could not find it using
/stand/sysinstall package method or in the /usr/ports.

Roderick P. Person
Programmer I
CCBH (412)454-2616

 "We're not that good. Everyone else just sucks!"
         - anon. Navy Seal