Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 23:22:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Frank Mandarino <fam@risca.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: seeking advice re: configuring a serial console

I've heard there's a company working on "graphics adapter" that has a
serial port and somehow grabs the keyboard as well.  It's supposed to
allow for a "real" serial boot, allowing you to go into the bios setup
remotely if you need to.

I've also toyed around with a few of the cards in a USR Total Control Hub.
Both cards have 486's on them, and allow you to enter bios setup off the
serial port when you flip some DIP switches.  I guess this is a custom
BIOS they had built, but I'm curious why no one sells a BIOS eprom you can
plug into a normal motherboard to do the same thing...

Charles

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----