Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 1998 15:01:10 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@tor.securecomputing.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jerry@kcis.com
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.5R and SKIP 1.0

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE with NATD on the external interface
named vx0. The internal interface de0 is NOT using natd.

I am tring to get SKIP 1.0 running on the vx0 interface but
every time I run it, all looks OK until I send a
packet in/out the interface, at which time it reboots the system.

I just hangs quietly for about 30 seconds and reboots. No errors,
no panics, nothing.

SKIP is just the vanila setup that gets created when it is installed.
the acl.vx0 file is
----
skiphost -i vx0 -p
skiphost -i vx0 -o off
----

I tried to change the '-o off' to '-o on' but this did not help.

When the system boots, the skipd program says 'driver loaded'.

All looks good until I send data.

Any ideas ???

--
Jerry Kendall                     | Senior Systems Developer
Jerry_Kendall@securecomputing.com | Secure Computing Canada Ltd.