Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:28:21 +0800
From:      Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppoed vs mpd, sample config for mpd

Hi,

Sorry for cross posting.
I'm trying to configure PPPoE server in FreeBSD 5.x/6.0.
I configured pppoed and everything seems to be working fine.

I also found out that mpd can be configured as a pppoe server. However I
couldn't find sample mpd configurations for PPPoe server.
Can somebody share some simple mpd pppoe server configurations? It would be
great if there are some links regarding mpd pppoe server configurations.

Another question is, what is the difference between pppoed and mpd? Which
one should I choose? What are the best practices around?
Basically I would like to have PPPoE server for allowing connections from
ADSL users. There are 25-500 ADSL customers.

thanks in advance,

Ganbold