Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:13:21 -0500
From:      rmichalski@enwin.com
To:        Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
Subject:   Re: Unable to root due to invalid shell

Thanks for answering so quickly.  I tried what you said and the file system
is being mounted, but when I try to use ed to edit the /etc/passwd file I
get a 'read-only file system' error for  '/tmp/ed.a989d'  <-- something
similar to that.  It looks like its just trying to create a temporary file
but it's not allowed to.  I can't use vi, it says it can't find it.  Have
you run into something like this before?

Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl> on 01/24/2001 10:57:45 AM