Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:10:37 -0700
From:      "Charles Mauch" <cpm@yoonax.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   auditing syslog messages

I've been going through my syslog messages looking around for abnormalies and I have two
questions ;)

First question:
natd[172]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

From what I gather, it's telling me that natd is trying to send data a client requested
back to a client, but some firewall rule further down is denying it...  Is there an easy
way to find out what's packets are denied when they re-enter my firewall?  Eg: tcpdump on
just natd packets?

Second question:
timed[151]: /usr/src/usr.sbin/timed/timed/acksend.c 110: sendto 24.5.78.255: Permission
denied

What in the world is this?  I run xntpd, but i don't run a timed server...

Thanks,

Charles Mauch
---
Email: cpm@yoonax.net / Finger for PGP Public key
PGP Fingerprint: B02C B98B 02A5 3D76  8C74 B24F 9279 337C
This email was generated by a School of Stealth Midgets