Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:44:13 -0600
From:      "Allan Ross" <allanr@ssimicro.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Virus after install?

Got a response from Symantec on this. Cut/Paste is attatched.
I don't use a dual boot system at the moment but if anyone can
send theses people some live data, they look like they're willing
to update accordingly.

<quote>

Allan Ross -

>> Can the Norton dat files be updated to properly
>>recognize the multi-boot software that is available out there? Is
>>research already being done in this area?

Hello Allan

Thanks for using the Norton AntiVirus discussion group.

We have had another report of this and the customer was asked to
submit a sample so that a change could be made. At this time I do not
have information on weather or not they followed through. If you would
like to submit you can contact 541-465-8420 for information on how to
accomplish this.

Thanks
Randy Rejda
Symantec Online Technical Support