Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Stanley.Hopcroft@ipaustralia.gov.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any experience with ET5025 (HDLC family - PPP, Frame, X25)

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 Stanley.Hopcroft@ipaustralia.gov.au wrote:

>      I am writing to ask opinions about using the Emerging technologies
>      HDLC family card, the ET5025 family.

You should direct tech support questions about the Emerging Technologies
gear to ET first since they write & maintain the driver.

>      This device provides a number of physical interfaces (eg RS232, V25)
>      to a Frame Relay, X25, or PPP network using "variants" of HDLC as the
>      link level protocol (LAPD, LAPB, etc).

What interface are you using to connect it to the DSU?  V.35 or RS-232?

As an aside -- if you're doing 56k FR then buy an Adtran DSU5600 instead
and save $600.  The DSU5600 speaks RS232 directly and spits out PPP, which
you can drop into the PPP application of your choice.  Obviously if you're
doing better than 56kbps then the ET is a necessity.