Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:45:22 -0500
From:      Dick Griffin <crg1@erols.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp connects the times out????

I'm a newbie, and I think I've followed the
www.freebsd.og/handbook/handbook218#513 guidelines correctly, for
configuring ppp,

it connects, and the connection has been verified by my ISP, who confirms
that the systems connect, and I get through the authentic ion procedure,
and then my system seems to just sit, and eventually, one or the other
times out, and the connection gets shut down.

in short, I connect, login in, password, and the curser rolls down one
line, then nothing

Even when I have X running, and Netscape active it tells me that it cannot
find any URL's because the 'DNS' is unavailable.

What should I look at next?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

dg
Dick Griffin

- At Home in Arlington VA,		703-685-0032
- At Work in Washington DC		202-260-4079

- "Whether you think you can, or think you can't; you're right!"
- "Our children's dreams are our future!"
- "The paradigm shift that is the web has altered forever what education is."