Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 04:21:20 -0600
From:      "Anthony Yandell" <antone@okla.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Direct Dial problem.  Not Critical

This is just a simple problem I can't solve.  I am dialing my service
provider with the command "ppp -ddial -alias provider" and it disconnects
after 3 minutes.  I looked at the ppp.tun0.log and found that it said
something about OSLinkup being down.  Says it lost too many ECHO packets.
Since that happens, it Terminates with a signal 15, then redials.  Long
downloads are impossible. Any settings in my config files I need  to check
to keep that from trying to contact that host?  It works just fine
otherwise.  I had it working flawless at one time, but I rebuilt, and now
it won't.  Any info would be appreciated.

Anthony Yandell, MIS User Support
Chesapeake Energy Corp.
6112 N. Western
OKC, OK  73118