Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:23:27 -0600
From:      Jason Hunt <jason.hunt@niicommunications.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATI Xpert 2000 Information.

greetings,

I thought I would share a problem that I had and
how I corrected them in XFree86 4.02.

The card I was trying to get to work was the ATI
Xpert 2000 AGP.  After selecting the ati driver
I would get an error that no screens were found.

The problem with my particular card was the
chipset it used (evidently there are several
variations out there).

dmesg reports my ATI as:

pci1: <ATI model 534d graphics accelerator> at 0.0 irq 11

I added ChipID 0x5246 to get this card to work properply.

Here is a sample output of /etc/X11/XF86Config in the
Section "Device" area:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ati"
    Driver      "ati"
    ChipID     0x5246
  #VideoRam    32768
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

Works great now.  This caused me a couple hours of headaches,
so I thought maybe I could help alleviate some in the
future.