Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:41:34 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   argv[0] modification?

Does the base system provide a way to execute a program, supplying
a different value for its argv[0] (the program name)?  Bash does this
with the -a flag to the exec builtin; D. J. Bernstein's daemontools
(ucspi-tcp) package provides a little tool called argv0; is there
anything like this in base?  I'm mostly talking 4.x here.

I know this would be trivial to implement - it's just a glorified
execvp() after a little shuffling around of argv.  Is it already
done, though? :)

G'luck,
Peter

PS. Please CC: me in replies, as I'm not on -questions.

--
I've heard that this sentence is a rumor.