Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:32:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@speakeasy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   smp motherboards/concepts

I know FreeBSD supports multiple processors, but how many?  What
motherboard(s) support more than two, for example using a pentium pro?

Is the concept of SMP similar to beowulf clusters?  I've read a little
about those, and as I understand, simply clustering many computers together
does not guarantee a faster system, if the software is not especially
compiled to handle it.  Is this also true of SMP?  I'm specifically
thinking of using an SMP system for doing raytracing.