Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 00:01:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Dennis <jim@starshine.org>
To:        fyeung@netific.com (francis yeung)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: search engine

> Greeting,
> 	Is there a public domain search engine for FreeBSD ?
> 	Thanks.
> 	Francis

	Try the 'glimpse' package.  It contains a full featured text
	indexing engine and command line search tool.  There is a
	package "GlimpseGate" which provides a web interface to
	glimpse - and it is possible to configure glimpse to make a
	very fast, lightweight, and reasonably full-featured
	search system for your HTML document trees.

	I think you can find more info at the U of Arizona (recently moved
	don't have all my bookmark files handy).

Jim Dennis
Proprietor,
Starshine Services