Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:19:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jay Kuri <jay@oneway.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   route configuration question

Hello,

	I have a routing problem I need some help with and I'm hoping
someone can tell me how to do this.

I have a server that has two connections to the internet.  One is a wan
link, the other is an ethernet link.  Normally, I want all traffic to run
through a gateway machine on the ethernet link.  If, for some reason, the
ethernet-gateway is unreachable (or unusable) I want the server to switch
to the wan link.  I do not, however, want it to inform the
ethernet-gateway that it can route over the wan link.

I understand that routed is probably the thing to use... but I am confused
about whether I can use this without sending a notification to the
ethernet gateway.  Can anyone make any suggestions about how to do this?

If routed is not the right thing to use, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide,

Jay