Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:25:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trans Vans <vans@static.bigfoot.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   417Gigs in 24hrs

Hi All !

	Walnut Creek CDRom (ftp.cdrom.com) has set up a new record.
417Gigs per 24 hours.  You can find it at:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/980730/crl_networ_1.html

	Now check my math:

    417G / 24hr = 17.375G / 1hr
    17.35G / 60 = 0.289G / 1 minute = (289MB / minute)
 289MB / minute = 4.81MB / sec

	Now this is assuming that the information is at a steady flow at
this rate all day long, plus the network conditions have to be near
perfect during this 24 period.  Do these numbers make sense or are they a
bit optimistic ? (It could be that I suck at math =:)

	On a happier note, the previous "campion" was M$ with 350G / per
day.  The only difference was that they used 40 servers to achieve this,
while Walnut Creek used only one =:)

-Vans

---
"When they took the fourth amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
 When they took the sixth amendment,  I was quiet because I was innocent.
 When they took the second amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
 Now they've taken the first amendment, and I can say nothing about it."